Position: Part-time Visitor Services Representative
Type: Part-time / Non-exempt
Reports to: Visitor Services Manager
Hours: Three days per week, including at least one weekend day. 7 hour shift (9:30am- 4:30pm) September through May and 8 hour shift (9:30am-5:30pm) June through August. Weekly schedule may shift based on organizational need.
Pittock Mansion is a house of beauty and historical significance. Operated as a historic house museum, the home provides a revealing glimpse of Portland’s past. Having grown to well over 100,000 annual visitors in recent years, Pittock Mansion is one of the top destinations in Portland.
We are seeking a Part Time Visitor Services Representative to act as ambassador of our mission and provide an exceptional visitor experience.
Core VSR Responsibilities:
· Greet and interact with visitors, volunteers, and delivery people
· Answer phones, respond to callers requests and refer calls
· Sell admission, membership and store items
· Follow established cash-handling practices
· Process reservations for tours
· Perform all opening and closing duties as assigned, including securing all buildings and deactivating and activating alarms
· Maintain the visual integrity and security of the museum and store throughout the day
· Light cleaning and maintenance of both Museum and public areas
· Enforce Mansion policies and respond to visitors’ needs
· Sanitize workstations and high-touch areas regularly throughout shift and at the end of the day
· Direct one-way visitor flow through Mansion
· Reinforce visitor compliance with COVID mitigation procedures (wearing masks, practicing physical distancing)
· Follow de-escalation best practices.
· Carry out other duties as assigned
· High level of customer service
· Ability to interact with public, staff and volunteers as a team member
· Professional manner and appearance
· Flexibility and resilience to change
· Strong communication skills and attention to detail
· Cash handling experience, preferably in a fast-paced environment
· Record of dependability, timeliness and good attendance
· Ability to work weekends and occasional evenings and potentially pick up extra shifts as needed
· Familiarity and understanding of Point of Sale systems and Microsoft Office programs, especially Outlook and Excel
· Strong retail sales skills a plus
Physical Activities / Environmental Conditions:
· Light to medium work that includes moving objects up to 30 pounds
· Position may require remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods
· Position may require repeating motions that may include arms, wrists, hands and/or fingers
· Workstations may not be in a climate-controlled environment
· Wearing of personal protective equipment (e.g. face covering, gloves) may be required
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Part-time Visitor Services Representative” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Qualified candidate must complete background check prior to hiring.