POSITION Marketing and Communications Coordinator
REPORTS TO Associate Director
COMPENSATION $18 – $20 per hour DOE
ABOUT PITTOCK MANSION:
Pittock Mansion is a house of beauty and historical significance. Operated as a historic house museum, the home provides a revealing glimpse of Portland’s past. Having grown to well over 100,000 annual visitors in recent years, Pittock Mansion is one of the top destinations in Portland.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator is a full-time, non-exempt position (approximately 40 hrs per week) primarily responsible for all graphic design needs (e.g., producing brochures, newsletters, development collateral); updating the website and social media platforms; and executing digital marketing efforts. The Coordinator will also work collaboratively with the Associate Director and other senior-level staff on strategic marketing initiatives.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include “Marketing and Communications Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Work effectively and collaboratively with the Associate Director and other staff to produce all communication tools for the public, including member communications, press releases, advertisements, marketing collateral, and noninterpretive signs and visitor materials
- Update and maintain Pittock Mansion website and social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram)
- Manage the organization’s media contacts and serve as first point of contact for media inquiries
- Photograph events and special happenings as well as provide photographic imagery for marketing, development, and Museum Store product development
- Participate in biweekly marketing meetings with senior staff and contribute to higher level marketing strategies and strategic initiatives
- Assist the Associate Director in compiling and analyzing all marketing data
Qualification and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, marketing, or relevant work experience
- Minimum two years graphic design experience
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office; familiarity with WordPress and Constant Contact preferred
- Photography experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills as well as a creative, detail-oriented approach
- Experience with media buying and ad placement a plus
- Public relations experience a plus
- Professional manner and appearance with record of dependability
- Schedule flexibility and dependable transportation
Qualified candidate must complete background check prior to offer of employment.