POSITION Part-Time Visitor Services Representative
REPORTS TO Associate Director
COMPENSATION $13.80 per hour
Pittock Mansion is a house of historical significance and visual magnificence, offering a uniquely personal opportunity to peek into the past. Attracting over 100,000 visitors in the past year, Pittock Mansion is one of the top destinations in Oregon, and the perfect place to experience the story of Portland. We are seeking a Part-Time Visitor Services Representative to join our dynamic frontline team. If you enjoy working with the public and want to gain professional experience at a premier historic house museum, then we are interested in meeting you.
- Providing professional-level customer service to visitors, members, volunteers, and staff
- Dedication to creating a positive and educational experience for visitors in line with the Mansion’s mission
- Accurate processing of admissions, memberships, and store sales
- Process reservations for tours and evening events in addition to daily tracking of tour schedule
- Perform all opening and closing duties as assigned, including securing all buildings and deactivating and activating alarms
- Light cleaning and maintenance of both museum and public areas
- Enforce Mansion policies and respond to visitors’ needs (e.g., operate the elevator)
- Carry out other duties as assigned
- High level of customer service and ability to interact with public, staff, and volunteers as a team member
- Professional manner and appearance
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Cash handling experience, preferably in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work weekends and occasional evenings
- Dependable transportation
- Ability to lift 30 lbs
- Familiarity and understanding of Point of Sale systems and Microsoft Office programs especially Outlook and Excel
Qualified candidate must complete background check prior to offer of employment.
Please submit cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.