Title: Full-Time Visitor Services Representative (VSR)
Reports to: Visitor Services Manager
Type: Full-time / Non-exempt
Deadline to apply: open until filled
Compensation: $19.00 per hour
Schedule: Five days per week, including at least one weekend day. 7-hour shift (9:30am- 4:30pm) September through May and 8-hour shift (9:30am-5:30pm) June through August. Weekly schedule may shift based on organizational need.
Pittock Mansion is a house of beauty and historical significance. Operated as a historic house museum, the home provides a revealing glimpse of Portland’s past. Having grown to well over 100,000 annual visitors in recent years, Pittock Mansion is one of the top destinations in Portland.
We are seeking a Full Time Visitor Services Representative to act as ambassador of our mission and provide an exceptional visitor experience.
Core VSR Responsibilities:
- Greet and interact with visitors, volunteers, and delivery people
- Answer phones, respond to callers requests, and refer calls
- Sell admission, membership, and store items
- Follow established cash-handling practices
- Process reservations for tours
- Perform all opening and closing duties as assigned, including securing all buildings and deactivating and activating alarms
- Maintain the visual integrity and security of the museum and store throughout the day
- Light cleaning and maintenance of both Museum and public areas
- Enforce Mansion policies and respond to visitors’ needs
- Sanitize workstations and high touch areas regularly throughout shift and at end of day
- Direct one-way visitor flow through Mansion
- Reinforce visitor compliance with COVID mitigation procedures (wearing masks, practicing physical distancing)
- Follow de-escalation best practices.
- Carry out other duties as assigned
Additional full-time VSR responsibilities:
- Complete assigned administrative duties and provide additional assistance to other departments as assigned by Visitor Services Manager
- Assist with store inventory processing and maintenance
- Support in training of new staff and keeping team informed and up to speed on any organizational and processing changes
- Serve as a positive and productive mentor to part-time VSRs
- Assist with selection process of new Visitor Services staff, including interviews
- Exercises good judgment
- Ability to take ownership and follow-through of projects/tasks
- High level of customer service
- Ability to interact with public, staff and volunteers as a team member
- Professional manner and appearance
- Flexibility and resilience to change
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Cash handling experience, preferably in a fast-paced environment
- Record of dependability, timeliness, and good attendance
- Ability to work weekends and occasional evenings
- Familiarity and understanding of Point of Sale systems and Microsoft Office programs, especially Outlook and Excel
- Strong retail sales skills a plus
Physical Activities / Environmental Conditions:
- Light to medium work that includes moving objects up to 30 pounds
- Position may require remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods
- Position may require repeating motions that may include arms, wrists, hands, and/or fingers
- Workstations may not be in a climate-controlled environment
- Wearing of personal protective equipment (e.g. face covering, gloves) may be required
Pittock Mansion Society offers an excellent benefit package including medical and dental insurance, PTO, retirement plan with company match up to 3%, and an Employee Assistance Program.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include “Full-time Visitor Services Representative” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Qualified candidate must complete background check prior to hiring.