Recent NewsOctober 30, 2014
Position: Marketing Communications Specialist
The Marketing and Communications Specialist is responsible for four communications areas for the organization: general marketing, communications and branding; publications; website and other electronic communications technology; media relations. The Marketing Communications Specialist will support the organization goals to raise awareness and visibility of Pittock Mansion and the organization’s activities in order to increase attendance, participation and community engagement. S/he will work collaboratively with the management team and other key staff to plan for the future and monitor annual objectives and indicators of success.
- Develop and execute an annual marketing/communications plan to support the implementation of the organization’s strategic plan, including traditional PR, collateral, and social media
- Manage a marketing/communications budget in keeping with the organization’s strategic and financial objectives
- Promote the museum and its activities to tourists and residents of the greater metropolitan area through compelling and effective advertisements and promotions including evaluation of various media, negotiating costs, planning, placement and production
- Ensure that all communications promote a uniform brand, message and style; integrate the brand/style created by R/West and coordinate this effort internally
- Create and produce all communication tools for the public, including member communications, press releases, advertisements, marketing collateral, and non-interpretive signs and visitor materials
- Maintain website to so it is an effective tool
- Cultivate and maintain strong media relations, mange the organization’s media contacts, provide images, press releases and other information to the media
- Collect viable marketing data on visitors, non-visitors, regional demographics, industry standards and market trends; work with staff to incorporate findings into communication, program, exhibit and activity plans.
- Collaborate with Travel Portland and other visitors association joint promotion groups to help strategize, develop and participate in cooperative marketing programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field
- 2-4 years of marketing experience.
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Design sensibility and/or graphic design skills
- Creative, detail-oriented, proactive approach
- Flexibility, professionalism and a positive attitude
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and desktop publishing program such as InDesign; experience with Constant Contact and Photoshop a plus
- Social media savvy
Pittock Mansion seeks an experienced P/T custodial coordinator to coordinate the maintenance of the 1914 historic Mansion and outbuildings and performing custodial services. This includes daily cleaning, maintenance, maintaining inventory of necessary supplies, assisting with MSDS/PPE/HAZMAT programs, PPE and Safety Procedures & training, and maintaining Material Safety Data Sheets (“MSDS”) & books and maintenance and deep cleaning during the January close period in coordination with the Curator and in partnership with Portland Parks and Rec. Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 503.823.3626. Position is open until November 2, 2014. No phone calls please.
Position: Custodial Coordinator
The Custodial Coordinator coordinates the maintenance of the Mansion and outbuildings and performs custodial services.
Reports to: Manager of Administration
- General coordination of the interior maintenance of the Mansion, Gate Lodge, Ticketing Bay and Store with Curator & Manager of Administration.
- Maintain inventory of necessary supplies, including contacting suppliers and coordinating with supervisor prior to ordering.
- Work with supervisor as needed to update checklist of routine daily/weekly custodial duties.
- Follow maintenance schedule and work with supervisor to update as needed.
- Ensure all maintenance logs/records are kept.
- Perform day-to-day cleaning in the Mansion, Store, Admissions Bay, Gate Lodge and public restrooms, including floor care, window care, vacuuming, dusting and emptying trash.
- Ensure cleaning equipment is maintained and repaired as needed.
- Inspect buildings for cleanliness, completed work and needed repairs.
- Assist with MSDS/PPE/HAZMAT programs, PPE and Safety Procedures & training, and maintain Material Safety Data Sheets (“MSDS”) & books.
- Follow sound safety practices.
- Maintain order and cleanliness of furnace room, supplies storage, tools & equipment.
- Assure Recycling is maintained & out on time for pick-up.
- Perform January close period maintenance and deep cleaning.
- Prepare for and assist with Holiday decoration as directed.
- Other duties as needed or assigned
- 3-5 years custodial experience, preferably in a historic building/setting.
- Awareness of the need to maintain buildings in keeping with their historic integrity, while at the same time prolonging building longevity.
- Advanced knowledge of cleaning techniques, procedures, materials and equipment, including.maintaining wood, marble and marmoleum flooring.
- Ability to perform duties in a safe manner.
- Ability to operate a buffer, as well as other power and hand tools as needed.
- Ability to operate & maintain all departmental equipment in a historic building environment.
- Physical strength, stamina and coordination to perform job tasks.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs, climb stairs often, safely use ladders up to 32’ high, and operate 1914 residential elevator.
- Ability to communicate both orally and written, in a positive & courteous manner with public, Portland Parks employees, Pittock employees and volunteers.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility, professionalism and a positive attitude.
- Valid driver’s license and dependable transportation.
- Must pass background check.
Thanks to OPB and John Rosman for highlighting 40 fascinating facts about Pittock Mansion in less than two minutes in this video and online slide show:
April 16, 2014
Pittock Mansion welcomed the Royal Rosarians on April 15 for the official planting of the Georgiana Pittock Centennial Rose. See the planting ceremony and interviews with Pittock Mansion Executive Director Marta Bones and Pittock Mansion Board Member Shirley Edwards on Portland’s #1 garden show, Garden Time, at 8:30am on KOIN – 6 on April 26.
February 10, 2014
Hoffman Construction Company
Miller Nash LLP
Oregonian Media Group
U. S. Bank
R. H. Parker/United Foundation