POSITION: Senior Manager – Marketing and Communications
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
SUPERVISES: Works with graphic design contractors and consultants as the project requires
Location: Portland, OR
Salary: $55 – $60,000 (depending on experience)
Benefits: Pittock Mansion Society offers an excellent benefits package including 100% employer-paid employee medical, vision, and dental insurance, PTO, a retirement plan with a company match of up to 3%, and an Employee Assistance Program.
To Apply: Please submit your resume, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Qualified candidates must complete a background check prior to hiring.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
ABOUT PITTOCK MANSION:
Pittock Mansion is a 1914 historic house museum and one of Portland’s top tourist destinations. Pittock Mansion Society, a private nonprofit organization, collaborates with the City of Portland, Parks, and Recreation, to operate the Mansion. The premises include the Mansion, the Gate Lodge, and the Garage with beautiful gardens adjacent to the Pittock Viewpoint. Our mission at Pittock Mansion Society is to inspire understanding and stewardship of Portland history through the Mansion, its collections, and programs.
The organization under new leadership is at an exciting juncture of strategic growth and reimagination having laid out a new vision Pittock 2.0 which aims to make the museum a relevant history institution, a dynamic destination, and a key community partner.
The Senior Manager – Marketing and Communications is a full-time, exempt position primarily responsible for all marketing and communication needs of the Pittock Mansion Society including media, program, and special event promotion. This is a newly created position that will directly report to the CEO and will help develop and execute a comprehensive marketing and public relations communication strategy and action plan that will help position the organization in a dynamic light. The position will also support the development and promotion of a new series of earned revenue-based events at the Mansion. The Senior Manager of Marketing and Communications will work collaboratively with various departmental staff of the organization to support their marketing and communication needs. The position will work with contracted graphic designers to design and produce all the graphic marketing and communication materials as well as exhibit panels, collaterals, and signage.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Work effectively and collaboratively with the CEO, and senior staff, to oversee and manage the production of all communication materials, including but not limited to, member and donor communications (both print and via e-blasts), CEO communications, press releases, advertisements, manuals, noninterpretive signs, visitor materials, invitations to key events, all marketing collaterals, and annual reports.
- Proactively leverage social media platforms and other digital marketing tools to increase Pittock Mansion’s presence on social media channels. Own and manage the social media calendar for the timeliness of events happening in the organization. Regularly monitor and respond to posts across all social media accounts.
- Assists CEO and other related staff with the development of a new business model for the annual offering of ticketed special events. Help launch, market, and manage all the logistics of special events and program execution.
- Develop, own, and manage the overall marketing budget including media buys.
- Forge new media connections including developing comprehensive media lists, serving as the first point of contact on all media inquiries, maintaining relationships with reporters, editors, and publishers; writing press releases; preparing information packets; coordinating media events; and actively promoting coverage. Keeping the CEO closely informed and involved in all media-related matters.
- Support the CEO in rebranding the institutional newsletter, including coordinating content creation and production across departments, and ensuring timely release of the newsletter.
- Working under the direction of the CEO and in close collaboration with other departmental colleagues to oversee website content to ensure the organization’s online presence is accurate, up-to-date, and mission fitting. Work to efficiently lead the phased upgrade of the Pittock Mansion website ensuring it is user-friendly, informative, and dynamic.
- Conduct regular compilation and analysis of all marketing data, including tracking web and social media analytics, and share with the CEO for decision-making.
- Gather stories and data points related to the museum’s ongoing impact to be shared across platforms and in grant reports and donor communications.
- Provide copywriting and editing for presentations and all outgoing communications.
- Working closely with the CEO and senior staff to manage the production of promotional video content as well as packaging of programmatic video content for digital use.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the CEO.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing and communications or business Management with a Marketing focus.
- Direct experience in a Marketing and Communications role for a non-profit or cultural organization.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. Editing experience is highly desired.
- Graphic design skills are a plus. Knowledge and experience with software including standard workplace technology plus WordPress, InDesign, Photoshop, etc.
- The ability to stay abreast of new industry developments, trends, and best practices.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to engage authentically, effectively, and professionally with different audiences including community members, staff, board members, partners, and funders.
- Highly organized, with the ability to multi-task and switch priorities in an articulate manner.
- Ability to listen and synthesize ideas from various stakeholders.
- Ability to consistently produce high-quality deliverables in a timely manner.
- Ability to work well with directions as well as autonomously and collaboratively.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Possess multi-cultural appreciation and respect for diversity, equity, access, and inclusion and demonstrate an ability to work with a diverse group of co-workers and constituents.
- Other duties as needed.
Physical Activities/ Other Conditions
- Ability to work in a shared / open space office environment.
- Workstations may not be in a climate-controlled environment.
- Wearing personal protective equipment (e.g., face covering, gloves) may be required.
- Light to medium work that includes moving objects up to thirty pounds.
Pittock Mansion Society is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discrimination practices.